Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Candle making

Candle making takes patients. Of course the first thing I did was research the art of candle making. I would really like to make them with either renewable or reusable resources. I've read a lot about candle making and I love some of the products I found. Bees wax is a renewable resource but my favorite so far is paraffin! Yes it is a petroleum product but it is a by product of refining petroleum. After making crude oil into fuel and oil for our machinery the only thing left is this glob of stuff that is unusable to sell the world to make energy and keep our machinery operating properly. So what do they do with this stuff? Nothing. Paraffin just sits there, like tin or anything else that can't be turned into a reusable resource. So what can you do with it? Use it and hopefully deplete the product from the earths surface. I decided to exclusively use paraffin in the beginning at least. I'll use glass, not plastic containers but one thing I cannot mess with is the wick! It has to be the highest quality to burn correctly. I want candles people can depend on.
One of the really cool things about candle making is how you insert the wicks! You use the barrel of an old, broken, or used up old fashioned barrel pen. You insert the wick inside the barrel to keep it straight and slowly pull the barrel while filling the container with material!
So my candle making will be performed by recycle and reuse. Talk about greener!

No comments:

Post a Comment