Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What do you do with two managers under one roof?

My husband is a manager. He loves to manage, whether appropriate or not, he will try to manage me. I am a manager. I love to just get the stuff done I need to get done. No running around doing 15 things at once like hubby but actually getting things done, one at a time. I like a low key effort. To me walking back and forth doing 15 things is a waste of energy. The problem? We both office from home most of the time.
Can you imagine the clash of wills? What that calls for is the ability to let things go in one ear and out the other! The ability to say "no". It also requires the ability to get out of the house for some peace and quiet. Yes there is drama.
My answer to saving time without speeding through something that needs to be done is three computers. Why three? Because when I get up in the morning I don't get ready for the day till ten. I make coffee and sit in my living room to enjoy it. My office is upstairs on the second floor, so if I wonder about anything in the mean time I have to wait till I'm up there, making me tense till I get there. My answer is a laptop in the living room with a 16 inch screen so I can actually see and display my photography to others. So it does two things for me that are appropriate for my living room. I am an amateur wild life photographer and family event photographer. I want to see and to fix my own pictures before I share them with anyone!
I also have all the capabilities on it that my desk top in the office has. I can read and reply to email. I can print and fax as well. I can look at my spreadsheets. Almost every activity can be performed.
My third and final computer is a smaller laptop down in the family room. When I sit down to watch TV with hubby I have instant access to anything that comes through my computer. We all get that extremely important call we've been waiting for days to come in and have to answer it. Who wants to run back upstairs when this happens? I don't.
This is also the one that is light weight enough to carry just about anywhere I go. I could bring my 16 inch laptop but it weighs a ton!
All this alleviates having to make three runs for everything I need when I change floors for a few hours, saving time, either costing me money or my precious free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment