Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Is loot2boot a scam?

Today I’m going to spend a bunch of time talking about scams. They have gotten even better at disguising themselves.
Today I went into Craigslist.com. I have found legitimate paying positions through Craigslist. You just need to remember this is a free posting site so anyone can post anything in the hopes of snagging you into their web of lies for free. One such place is Loot2boot. No, they did not get my money, but they did get my time. This is irritating.
Under Customer service I found “are you great on the computer?” Looking for agents to work l, both full time and part time. So I emailed them for more information. Kobie King sent me an email back with a website. I clicked on the site and the first yellow flag went up for me. The web site wants you to view a webinar that lasts a little over 13 minutes, during which this person spends over 6 minutes telling me it costs me nothing, they will never ask for money, etc. He keeps repeating these words and says nothing about an actual job. It introduces you to the website you need to utilize to “just complete one offer”.  I went into this website where the instructions to gain access to this money making idea gave me red flags. You need to work only through Firefox and gmail. You either need a paypal account or get “a company debit card”. Those three things don’t bother me much as I have and use Firefox, gmail and paypal. What I didn’t like was the instructions following that information. You have to go into settings in your computer. You must accept cookies and third party cookies. Before you gain access to their offers you must complete all of their requirements listed.
I then went on to do a search whether it’s a scam or not. The results I got from Google made me a little more than nervous. I asked if Loot2boot.com was a scam. I received a list of sites that seemed to say the same thing. “It is” and “I recommend this site instead”. All those sites were set up the same way. So I paged in a little further and found a reference to someone I both respect and admire. I copied and pasted that one and asked him if it was true and correct. I received no response. I have the feeling it is true because he never discusses how he runs his business. If it was not he would be quick to respond.
There are just too many “red lights going up for me. I’m going to skip this one.

6 comments:

  1. Dude you are way off, all these are freebie sites, nothing more, loot2boot is just like the rest, you have to turn off cookies so the offer updates through firefoxes browswer properly to make sure the offer goes through, nothing more. Use your head a bit instead of whining, whiners stay broke, it's funny how guys like you never make any money, maybe because you spend to much time whining and complaining...? Think for a minute, these sites have contracts with fortune 500 companies that could sue their butts off if sites like loot were up to anything using their name, furthermore they are regulated by the ftc, banking laws and mastercard and visa, dude, go find a 9 to 5 in a factory, seriously....just some good advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logically, I wouldn't have the time nor inclination to work for anyone other than myself. I made it very clear I didn't join this site. Did you actually read the post? It isn't about whining, it's about facts. I also said only how I based my decision not to join. I didn't say anything about no one should join! Mine is just an opinion, as is yours! If you actually read my blog you'd know I'm making my living, some of it through referral marketing! Thanks for you comment however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's not play cat and dog, your comments about being so "leary" and "omg" they want me to turn off cookies etc. is uncessary, actually it's very funny because you work referral programs yourself. So you know the drill, this "scam" train b s is old and outdated, especially to get attention. People need to grow up and everything they "do not agree with" or "too lazy to work" or "some guy ticked you off" they need to stop tossing around these silly posts with scam keywords in them on purpose to get attention. You know full well the program isn't a scam so why even take the time to bad mouth it in that manner, and act as if it's the mafia hiding out and out to get your 10 bucks in your purse. Cookies need turned off because it blocks the offers from getting the alert showing that someone completed it. The ad ran is a "marketing" tactic the guy used to get hits to his site, harmless, and not a big deal,but you want to act like you're "so leary" because it wasnt an hourly pay job, well sorry, nobodys going to pay anybody hourly to sit on their ass at home and act like they seriously want to change their lives then have their hands out on friday saying where's my check. I think you know the game already so it's hilarious when i see hypocrites post this b s when they do the same types of programs. I did read your post and what i said still stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've said over and over in my blog...All opinions are welcome, for good reason! None are rejected or removed! The final decision is up to the reader. Thanks for the input!

      Delete
    2. Exactly, and didn't you say on this section of your blog that you didn't sign up for loot2boot? but on another post by you on another section, you say you did, and that then they blocked you from using their site? But here you just said you didn't join the program above.....and yes, I just want to make sure everyone see's the truth and not misled in any fashion through this negativity and making something sound different than it is. Your other blog post clearly looks like someone being childish and trying to "computer revenge", i think they blocked you out because in this day and age, who has time to deal with this sort of thing when people need programs like this to pay their bills. Go attack nigerian scammers asking you to send a 20k check to receive 100k. Go attack roofing companies swindling money from elderly, getting paid up front for jobs then leaving town. It's funny we don't see people like yourself making blogs to address those type of issues and scams..... I think that would be a much better service than to sit and attack online programs that have been around for a long time, perfectly legal and have made affiliates a lot of money cause some guy ticked you off or it's something you didn't understand and assumed things. Thank You

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete