Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Friday, April 29, 2011

Making money from blogging

I am making money blogging. I didn't pay a cent for it. I just went in to see how much money I've earned since I started back in February of 2009. While its true I've only made $14. 74, it's intangible assets out weight the minimal drawbacks.
Starting a blog means I have a website. Blogger is free. It's limitations are not that much different from any you would pay for. I haven't found one for less than $120 a year.
I've learned a lot about good SEO writing. Just writing a bunch of words down does not get you an audience. Learning SEO writing is free, just do the research!
You don't have to blog every day. Just looking at this one you'll see I don't. Still I've made on average $0.06 a day.
Another way to gather a free audience is to go to personal blogs that are close to your content and comment. Refer anyone who may have read your blog to websites you find informative and interesting and relate to what YOUR AUDIENCE is interested in. Number one rule of blogging: always remember your audience. Completely changing the subject even a little bit will not keep people interested, especially if you change your subject a lot.
Create a blog that is of interest to a world wide audience. I have a lot of people from Russia reading this single blog. There are English speaking people in Russia, as a second language. Also there are now many online translating sites.
Once in a while I use Hit2Hit to gain free traffic. It looks like it may be a waist of time but I have found out otherwise. I have gained 1 follower from clicking on that site. It also doesn't waste my time. I take my laptop to the family room when no one is home. I go down to watch a two hour movie. I click away mindlessly throughout the length of the movie. The word traffic and audience are two different things. You gain your audience from your traffic. It will increase your bounce rate temporarily, but keeping in mind the work you've done on Hit2Hit you shouldn't be bothered by this.
The longer your blog has been online the higher it's ranking in the search engines. The title of each blog reaches more people. This is why it's so important to learn at least a little about good SEO writing.
There are a number of other assets to this but these are the main ones, other than enjoying what you're writing about. I travel with a note book and write down ideas I may have while away from my computer.
Your single drawback is the amount of money you make. Yes, it takes a long time for a blog to gain a decent audience. People in Adsence say it takes 1000 hits a day to start making money. The more you learn, the more you'll earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment