Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Manual Traffic Exchanges and email list builders

 Hi everyone! I'm planning to head out for the weekend but here's what I've been doing this week! Have a great weekend!
Consider this a huge “heads UP” It’s an example of the “free” products out there that end up costing you your credibility and your loyal repeat traffic. I akin it to a cattle stampede.  You get a lot of beef coming your way but they don’t stop to eat the grass. Ok, I love westerns, but you get the analogy.
So I joined a site called Hit 2 Hit 4 days ago. It is one of those manual traffic exchanges. It’s free and does send traffic all right. It’s much like a PTC site except that for every advertisement you view you earn a surf opportunity for your site.  Surf for as long as you want and then assign the number of clicks you want to your website. Then watch the traffic flow. I’ve received about 200 new visits a day doing this. But don’t get too excited.
By now you have a few web sites and some targeted traffic coming to it. You probably know what “bounce rate” is. For those who don’t, it is a reflection of how long each of those visits remains on your site. The higher the rate the less time they have spent there. A bounce rate over 80% means no matter how much traffic you have, anyone visiting your site had no intention of reading it or is even interested in what you have in it! They simply came with the intention to go somewhere else! I began testing the performance of this idea by applying their logic to one, brand new website I started, this one! Sorry, it doesn’t work.
Oh yes, here’s something else it comes with; A free auto responder system for email lists! You are now asking anyone joining your email list to receive an automated email every two days pestering them to join your program every other day. The premise being, you are “paying it forward”. It’s free to them because you are going to pay their membership fee for two months. Yours is being paid for two months; however they say if you are doing everything they tell you to do by that time you will be earning enough to pay for your own membership. But I think what they are doing is grabbing all the traffic they can from the well targeted visits you already get on your own. The beauty of it for them is you don’t get a chance to notice that because you now have a ton of “blind” traffic coming to your site. I could imagine what kind of nasty opinion I would have of anyone sending me those mindless emails.
I am still convinced that key word knowledge and good use of them is the most efficient, cheapest and smartest way to approach the audience you want. They will stay if you have information that is useful to them. I equate a 50 – 60% will get you professional respect. I thrive on respect from other intelligent professionals. You should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment