Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Labellas, building a business on a shoestring budget

This is a surprising blog day. Two posts in one day is unusual for me. But I'm pretty much leaving LaBellas on "autopilot" this week in pursuit of another money maker I found. As I attempt to glean more and more opportunities to make me recession proof I will have less time for LaBella's temporarily. But it works. The bare necessary time I have to spend on Labellas consists of advertising. I'm spending all of 10 minutes online a week and my off line ads are checked when I pick up coffee in the afternoon anyway. They both work much longer hours than I do and they produce results. That's the beauty of marketing. It works 24/7 so I don't have to.
Replacing the flier that had pull off tabs with a fresh one takes as long as it takes them to pour my cup of coffee.
I know I have to replace the one at the library every two weeks. My grocery store will only allow postcards, but because I go there once a week I can put up a new one just before I go out the door. This is what I call autopilot because it is marketing, not direct sales. But then again 98% of what I do is marketing. So it is something I'm quite comfortable with. You can call it passive income as many online opportunities call it, or you can call it marketing, like I do.
Passive income to me is not possible, simply because it requires someone to be thinking and doing something at least in the beginning. I prefer to call the hours I'm not working my business "autopilot". If you are not marketing you are missing too many people who could very well be interested in what you have to offer.
At the same time many like to know they are dealing with a real person. Giving them a phone number to reach you at or leave you a message is going to bring in a few more curious people. Even if they just get your voice mail you are still marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment