Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recession proofing myself and other sound advice

Good morning. Yes, here at 7am (earliest I've ever written anything for this blog) I am working away. I'm working my group of income sources early and as late as 10pm. Sound like a long day? Nope, just split in half. At this point I have 4 hours, 10am to 2pm to myself. I can spend it sleeping if I want. I spend every other minute doing the one thing I love: helping people make the money the way they want to make it, helping people meet their goals and showing them how to recession proof themselves.
When I see people running around trying to sell their wares, hoping to become independently wealthy, in their little gas saving, economy cars, I have to laugh. Honestly I don't think I could exist for any amount of time without the personal joy of getting to have some life of my own. But I do have to say I do love a lot of family time. I love not giving anyone the right to say "You're fired!"
A W9 is not employment! Just remember that. I just had someone tell me they were "fired" from their last "job" and I found out it was only a W9 "job". But it wasn't anything more than a W9 that would be affected. A W9 means YOU DON'T HAVE A BOSS! If an employer doesn't pay unemployment insurance, workman's compensation, take out taxes, and otherwise take care of the people that work for them, they are not employers. So in the end, if you no longer work to gain compensation from selling what they offer you are parting ways because for some reason it's not working out, PERIOD! You can't be fired, you were never employed.
You will never have an employment gap. You will never have to justify for not being employed. You will not "be taken care of" (whatever that means) and in turn you have no allegiance to your employer. You are recession proof!
Personally I don't like hearing "no raises this year, because the company didn't make enough money"! I love how they tell you that everyone is expected to work harder and smarter. I worked in that environment for 6  years. In the bowls of the big corporate ship you are not permitted pictures of your family, or anything else personal. But walking by the VP's office you see a credenza showing their bright and shining moments of their life. While working in another corporation they bragged about integrity yet were forced to pay back pay to employees that they never paid overtime to. The lawsuit was settled with the stipulation it would remain anonymous. No one was permitted to talk about the Class Action during or after! That way they could still maintain the illusion of integrity. But they called me a liar. Big business looses in the end however. The illusion doesn't ever last indefinitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment