Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Midwest Publishers


As you know I spend time looking for opportunities to earn money part time and/or online, sometimes I aactually work for them to see if they actually do work!
You are also aware that I don’t pull out the scam word easily in any case. I don’t listen to what others say until I’ve proven it for myself. Just because it didn’t work for me, doesn’t mean it’s a scam. However if it looks a little shady I will look it up to see if I’m really smelling a rat. With that in mind here is my review for this week:
Midwest Publishers has been around for a couple of years. They sell magazines, 5 magazines a month would come to you at the “low price” of $3.45 a week. That’s about $15 a month for all 5.
The telephone pitch begins with: You’ve won a $1000 online shopping spree, congratulations. Along with that we offer you 5 magazines for the low price of…… At least this is the condensed version. But in reality there is no shopping spree. This does not necessarily make it a scam, just shady. So if you have the time to read 5 magazines a month and can afford to buy anything during these tough times you do have a deal on your hands. So one way or another, this is not a scam.
 The base pay for this opportunity is $7.25 an hour, “but we don’t want to pay that”. This alludes to the commission possibilities you can get of $10 to $15 an hour. Or does it? Training time is 2 weeks, that is, until you sit down for that training period. Training is in actuality 30 seconds! You are given a script and shown how to get into the software system, once. Then off you go to whatever place is open. But, oh if you have any questions you can ask the two people beside you! They, of course are on the phone themselves calling customers, or prospective customers.
During the course of the 4 and a half hour day you hear the person two seats down call out for a supervisor to verify and confirm an order 20 times to your none. If you get stuck on a screen and it freezes there you may not even know it for 15 to 20 minutes. That’s many missed opportunities for your paycheck and that’s it!
No one is trained to train. There is no real coaching. Those who try don’t realize covering something once and fast is not training! Three of us were started on the same day and three of us were gone on the third day. The exit meeting is “we usually give people 1 to 2 days to make a sale”. Ok, bye.
So I worked there for a grand total of 10 and one half hours. At $7.25 an hour my one pay check, which happens weekly would be $71.13. Payday was last Wednesday and I did give them all my information to deposit it automatically into my account.
So far none of this makes this a scam! I patiently waited until next Thursday, today and still no pay check making line where they say “we don’t want to pay you $7.25” will become all too much of a reality.So is it a scam? If someone asks me what I think I will tell them about my experience and let them decide for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment