Tracking code

Lead Gen Banner Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Friday, June 3, 2011

American Income Life employment bait and switch

I think I've become the seeker of every kind of scam out there. Paypal scams, craigslist scams, employment scams and work at home opportunity scams. I just ran into my second bait and switch employment scam, well actually my third. They've gotten really good at this so seeing as I am in control of just about everything in my website I'm going to tell you ab out the one I barely lived through today. I will name names as well!
This is the employment add American Income Life posted in craigslist:
job-knfez-2415260248@craigslist.org:

Customer Service Positions - Hiring Now (Brooklyn Park, MN)


We are looking for motivated individuals who want to work smarter not harder. We are hiring for several positions that require excellent customer service skills. If you are interested in a new career, we are scheduling interviews this week. If you are looking for sucess we can provide you with the tools to get there. Please send your resume.

  • Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Compensation: DOQ
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
 I emailed my resume' to them and told them the location was very convenient for me among other things.
Mary Meinert called me a day later and scheduled an interview for this "customer service" job with me the following day. She said I should bring a copy of my resume', two professional references and that the dress was business professional. This morning I went to that "interview" and several strange things happened alerting me to the fact it wasn't customer service at all.
Arriving at 10:39am, one minute before the scheduled start time at 8557 Wyoming Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55449 I was asked to fill out their employment application. It consisted of several questions not even filling one page. Mary brought me to her office and asked about 10 questions. She swiftly shook my hand and said congratulations. I will just have you go next door and fill out a personality profile.
One other person was sitting there filling out hers. They had never asked me for my resume' and never gave me the job description. The one putting on the sales presentation said we should hold our questions until the very end. I asked anyway. "Is this a sales job where we get in our cars and drive all over the metro area?" She said "Yes". I followed with "I'm out" and got up and left the building.
The biggest problem with this is that conflicted with things I have to do for my autistic son! But I squeezed it in any way. It started pouring rain as soon as I had to leave and it got worse from there on in. I spend about $30 just for this wild goose chase.
I hope this gives you the "heads up" you need not to get caught in the same situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment